Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need to submit personal information such as my date of birth or social security number for an insurance quote?

This information is required so we can get you an accurate quote. Insurance companies base your rates on location, age, and other personal information, so we need this information to get you an accurate quote.

What is SR-22 Insurance?

SR22 Insurance filings are attached to your auto insurance policy and monitored by the Missouri Department or Revenue (DOR),which proves that you have state required auto insurance coverage. SR22 Insurance ensures your ability to pay for damages if you are held liable for an auto accident. SR22 Insurance can be issued for 1 year when you get a no insurance ticket, or up to 3 years because of DUI, DWI, and other major violations, like causing an accident while driving uninsured. See our SR-22 Insurance Frequently Asked Questions.

How does STL Insurance Stop find me the lowest auto insurance rates?

Our independent insurance brokers shop the major top-rated insurance carriers for Missouri to find you the best rate on the coverage you need, whether you need state minimum insurance coverage or full coverage. We then bring you all the quotes issued by the insurance providers and let you choose the policy that is right for you. View our full auto insurance FAQs here.

Does STL Insurance Stop offer instant proof of insurance?

Yes. Call us today at (314) 475-5637 to get started or to learn more.

How do auto insurance companies determine my insurance rate?

Some of the factors that influence your premium include: age or driving experience, how your vehicle is used, driving history, claims history (number of accidents), make and model of your vehicle, geographic location and credit history. Your rate is also determined by how much insurance you purchase. Drivers in Missouri are required to have a liability policy, but we also offer full coverage auto insurance.

Does homeowner’s insurance cover accidents on my property?

Yes. Homeowners insurance will pay for damages, if the accident is the result of your negligence. It will also pay for the legal costs of defending you against a claim, and medical bills.

What circumstances does homeowner’s insurance typically cover?

Most policies cover fire, lightning, tornadoes, wind storms, hail, explosions, smoke, vandalism and theft. Earthquake and floods typically require additional coverage. Talk to your insurance agent about these circumstances. View our full homeowner’s insurance FAQs here.

Why should I purchase renter’s insurance?

You need renter’s insurance to cover you if any of your belongings get damaged or destroyed. Renter’s insurance also covers you in the event that someone else is injured in your home or someone’s personal property is damaged and sues you. Click here to see our full list of Renter’s Insurance frequently asked questions.

Does my landlord’s insurance cover my rental property?

No. You should consider purchasing renter’s insurance for your house or apartment.

What is General Liability Insurance?

General liability insurance covers common business risks like customer injury, customer property damage, and advertising injury. It protects your small business from the high costs of lawsuits and helps you qualify for leases and contracts.